Satchel or Box?
Satchels are made out of plastic and are great for smaller items that are not delicate and do not have sharp pointy edges. Bubble inserts are available to provide your parcel with extra protection. Boxes are made from sturdy cardboard, and perfect for larger items and contents that need more protection.
You can never have too much packing and here are some guidelines:
• Use bubble wrap, shredded paper, corrugated cardboard and polystyrene nuggets.
• Individually wrap items to ensure that they don’t damage each other.
• Markings like ‘Fragile’ and ‘This Way Up’ are good.
• Sharp or pointy items need to be packaged extra carefully.
• Bendable items like cards or documents should be between strong pieces of cardboard.
• Don’t send delicate or sharp items in a satchel.
• Do not overload the satchels! Stretching or warping can cause the plastic to tear or rupture.
Address it Correctly!
Most of undelivered freight is due to incorrect addressing. Follow these guidelines to ensure your package gets delivered.
• Check the address is correct. The receivers phone number is always handy!
• Include your name, return address and phone number.
• We do not deliver to P.O Box numbers. Sorry.
• Business addresses are good. There are more chances that someone will be present.
Securing your product by sealing it well
• Use tape on three open edges to seal the boxes.
• A good tape is at least 4cm in width.
• Satchels have a seal that is “anti tamper”. Good for keeping everything safely inside.
Just drop it off at one of the handy lodgment points and send it on its way. Visit the Store Locator page for the closest store to you.
1. Where can I buy and send my Croxley prepaid parcel?
Visit the Store Locator page for the closest store to you. STORE LOCATOR
2. Can my parcel be delivered to a PO Box?
No, we can only deliver to street addresses.
3. What box and satchel sizes are available?
There are 5 boxes and 4 satchels. Click here for sizes. Satchel and Box Sizes
4. Can I track my parcel?
Yes, absolutely. Keep the ‘CUSTOMER RECORD’ portion of your ticket for tracking purposes. TRACK & TRACE
5. Who delivers Croxley Prepaid parcels?
DX Mail is the delivery network for your parcel.
6. Who is DX Mail?
DX Mail is part of the Freightways Group.
7. Are my parcels signed for?
No. Parcels are delivered to the letterbox, door or reception. If no one is there, the parcel is left in a safe place for collection on the occupant’s return.
8. Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional hidden costs, just fill it and send!
9. Is my product insured?
Yes, as long as your parcel contains non-prohibitive items you are covered to the value of $250.00 under the Postal Services Act 1998.
10. What happens if my parcel can’t be delivered?
If for some reason we can’t deliver for you (i.e. person has moved or incorrect address), we will send the parcel back to you.
11. If don’t have Internet access – how can I track my parcel?
Call 0800 MAILING (0800-624-5464). Have your tracking number (CUSTOMER RECORD) ready and the customer services team can advise you on progress.
12. What items shouldn’t be sent by mail?
You have legal responsibilities not to send certain items. Please visit the Terms and Condition pages for the full list.